Need some background info on the girls or the band? Click one of the tabs above to find out more! Or contact me about it!
♪♫ You've been coolin', and baby, I've been droolin', all the good times, baby, I've been misusin' ♪♫
A tale of Rock Gods, Groupies, and a love that becomes more sincere when kept secret ♪♫ Jealousy feeds the beast inside us all ♪♫

Monday, July 15, 2013

Real Lies

Jimmy ignored me the entire way home. When we arrived back at Henderson Collige, I expected a huge to-do announcement to what wives were still at the house, as well as Bianca, about how Jimmy and I were together now, but I was sorrowfully disappointed. Rather, he had forgotten all about the sweet things he had said to me at the lake, all the romantic things he had swooned me with fireside in the haunted living room of Boleskine, all the intimate moments we had shared at the hotel without ever having gone all the way. He had forgotten everything, including that I was near him.

The moment he crossed the threshold of the mansion, he waited for Bianca to run into his arms; Charlotte had left the day before. She kissed him several times, squealing with glee. He twirled her around in his arms and bubbled over and over about how much he missed her, not even shooting a glance back at me. I watched desperately as Jimmy carried her up the stairs and down the catwalk toward his room, laughing like a damned fool.

The other guys greeted their wives lovingly and climbed the stairs toward their rooms, Robert and Bonzo looking back at me knowingly. I groaned and stomped up the stairs and through my door. My room was exactly as I had left it, my guitar lounging against my bed haphazardly, the pick lodged in the A string. I threw my bag onto my bed and the guitar slid to the floor with a twang. I groaned loudly and kicked the chair away from my vanity in frustration. I pulled open the drawers violently, not expecting to find anything of use until a phone number flashed up at me.

I was transported back to the first day I had met Jimmy with Bianca, when Rod Stewart and Elton John had been dinning beside us. I had never given any thought to the number Rod had given me, occupied by Jimmy, until now. How better to get over Jimmy and make him jealous-- if he even noticed I had gone-- than to call up Rod and go out with him? Yes, yes, that was just what I would do...

I took the number and ran downstairs to the kitchen. I took the pea colored phone and circled the number slowly, shaking with anticipation.

The phone clicked and a deep accent responded on the other end, "You've got Rod."

"Rod Stewart?" I asked determinedly.

"Yes... Who is this?"

"Jenni Carsons," I replied. "You gave me your number at Beaux's in August when I was eating with Jimmy Page." I nearly choked on his name. "I just found it and I was wondering if that date is still up for grabs."

"I don't know if I recall... Oh, why, yes, I do remember. You were the blonde in the red dress, right?"

"Yes I was," I beamed.

"Well, I'm not free until Friday. Are you busy Friday? I'd love to take you out to dinner. It's a shame you didn't call sooner."

"Sorry about that. I'm scotch Friday. We could meet at Oracle's at seven?"

"I think that sounds fantastic. I'll see you there, Jenni."

"Goodbye, Rod," I drawled attractively and hung up the phone. It was all too simple!
I thought. I am going to make Jimmy so angry.

No comments:

Post a Comment