Need some background info on the girls or the band? Click one of the tabs above to find out more! Or contact me about it!
♪♫ You've been coolin', and baby, I've been droolin', all the good times, baby, I've been misusin' ♪♫
A tale of Rock Gods, Groupies, and a love that becomes more sincere when kept secret ♪♫ Jealousy feeds the beast inside us all ♪♫

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

China Grove

I lounged in the study on the window seat, examining the words of Nevermore by Edgar Allen Poe but not recognizing them. My mind was clouded and I couldn't think straight, let alone read. Jimmy had said all those things, done all of that romantic stuff-- why would he just go back to Bianca? Footsteps became more apparent as a person clicked up the stairs from the soundroom.

It was Robert and he glanced into the study on the way out to the foyer. He stopped and backed into the room, turning to face me with a humorous grin. "I have a joke. How do you organize a galaxy party?" I said nothing but looked at his feet unhappily. "You planet! Get it? Do you get-- What's wrong? Was it the joke?"

"No, it was a good pun, I just..." I faltered and threw the book at the bookshelf on the end of the window seat. "Fucking Jimmy!"

Robert shuffled over and I made room for him to sit at my feet. He touched my knee and said softly, flipping his hair over his shoulder and gesturing gracefully with his hand, "I'm sorry, Butterfly." I screwed up my face at the strange pet name and he continued, "I told you, Jimmy and I are no guys to get messed up with. Us, the Stones; all we want is a woman for the night. I don't want you to get hurt like the women I've been with-- don't tell Maureen-- so I'm telling you right now, if you like Jimmy as much as it seems you do, move. Don't stick with him. He won't want you after he has you. Your best bet is to go out and settle for someone far from the musical profession. Marry a Hobbit."

I laughed. "What is it with you and Lord of the Rings? And sheep?" He squeezed his face together and made the most disturbing face I'd ever seen. He relaxed, slapped my knee, and got up to leave without another word. "Robert?" He stopped and gave me a sidelong glance. "Thanks. I'm taking all that to heart."

"Groovy. Hey, are you coming with us to London Saturday for fireworks and New Years celebrations?"

"I didn't think I was invited."

"Of course! You can be my date." We both laughed as we remembered Bianca's failed attempt at getting us together. "Talk to you later." He left and I remained with my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment