Need some background info on the girls or the band? Click one of the tabs above to find out more! Or contact me about it!
♪♫ You've been coolin', and baby, I've been droolin', all the good times, baby, I've been misusin' ♪♫
A tale of Rock Gods, Groupies, and a love that becomes more sincere when kept secret ♪♫ Jealousy feeds the beast inside us all ♪♫

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Hair of the Dog

The kitchen was in shambles and Leenin was bubbling about ruined pots in the corner when Jimmy returned. Half an hour ago, this room had been transformed into a ring for a devastating row with Robert and just the mere sight of broken pottery on the floor brought fresh anger to Jimmy's mind. He wasn't mad at Robert per say, but he was mad at what his supposed mate had said. Calmly, Jimmy scooped the shattered tea cup he had aimed at Robert's head into his hand and set it on the island counter, collapsing over it. Robert was right. That's why he had gotten so furious; he knew Robert was right.

"Bianca's going to find out, Jim!" he had spat venomously at the cafe table near the window, sipping his Earl Grey. "I thought you had a head on your shoulders from day one but I suspect no longer!"

"Mate, she'll never find out if you just keep your bloody cake-hole shut up for once! This isn't the first time I've been in this predicament, sakes!"

"So if I were to bonk Bianca," Robert had wagered, sailing uncharted territory, "you would make the argument that you had Jenni? Mate, you're throwing your love away! And you're married! You're positively bonkers!"

This had been when he had thrown the tea-cup straight for Robert's golden waves, missing by, ironically, a hair. The memory of his blood curdling and boiling was enough to bring it all back. "You stay away from Bianca! And if you tell Charlotte, I swear on the Queen I'll kick you out of this band! Jenni is just a temporary fascination that concerns you none at all, so never you mind my personal business!"

"Jenni's fond of you, you cunt! You're playing her and if you do for much longer, I'll tell Bianca!" Robert knew he was pushing the limit now.

Furious, Jimmy had made a point to throw a tantrum, and, more importantly, every cooking instrument in the kitchen. He emptied the Lazy Susan on the island, scattered the pans that had been hanging on the pot rack, and threw just about everything he could get his hands on toward Robert. Sure, the breakfast of cocaine probably had a lot to do with Jimmy's row with Robert, but he was furious even after the out-break.

Why had he made the mistake of telling Robert he had held Jenni's hand anyway? It wasn't that great an accomplishment, but he just had to brag. Now the kitchen was ruined, his friendship with his best mate was in question, and the possibility of Robert giving up on the band was ever looming. Moving the band into the house was a terrible idea! They were all sick of each other in the first place; not mad, just tired of seeing the same person every day. Tensions were high and Jimmy needed a way out. For the time being, it seemed Jenni was his escape, and although he knew he didn't really like her like he did Bianca or Charlotte, she was fun. All he knew was that if he wanted to keep the arguments to a minimum and keep the peace, he couldn't tell anyone about his exploits with Jenni ever again.

He raised an eyebrow at the idea of a secret lover living in the same house as he\im and his girlfriend. Dare he say he was turned on? The idea was so... devious, interesting...

Robert entered the kitchen with his fingers hooked on his back pockets. Biting his cheeks and looking at the floor ahead of him, he coolly hesitated before speaking. "Look, Pagey, I'm--"

"No, I'm sorry," Jimmy said first. "I over-reacted. I know you're right, I just have a hard time accepting it. I don't want to play Jenni, and I don't want to cheat on Bianca. I want to be there for Charlotte and Scarlet too, but I'm doing the best I can. I haven't seen Scar for about three months now, and even Bon gets to see Jason about five times a week. I- I just can't right now. I'm stressed and this band has taken a lot out of me. But I don't regret it. You're my best mate and I'm sorry I almost hit you with pottery."

There was a pause and Robert laughed to the ground, his blonde locks covering his face. He grinned up at Jimmy and responded, "Yeah, well, you've terrible aim."

"I'm a guitarist, not a mercenary," Jimmy laughed back. While Jimmy searched the room for a conversation pick-up, Robert came over and extended his hand, which Jimmy slapped away. Strongly, he pulled Robert into a tight, brotherly embrace and patted his best friend's back lovingly. "I love you, man."

"Don't get all nancy on me," Robert chuckled. Over Jimmy's shoulder, he added, "Hey, Leenin, we're heading out. Think you can pick up this kitchen on your own?"

The cook groaned while Robert and Jimmy separated. "Take care of her," was all Robert said to Jimmy. Who "her" was was a toss-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment