Need some background info on the girls or the band? Click one of the tabs above to find out more! Or contact me about it!
♪♫ You've been coolin', and baby, I've been droolin', all the good times, baby, I've been misusin' ♪♫
A tale of Rock Gods, Groupies, and a love that becomes more sincere when kept secret ♪♫ Jealousy feeds the beast inside us all ♪♫

Saturday, December 15, 2012

In the Evening

"Is Jimmy a good man?" I asked while we sat on the couch in the living room ignoring the television as it softly played a BBC program.

"Of course," Bianca replied. "He's never treated me patronizingly or vainly in all his life, even for such a man of his status. I'd like to think I'm the luckiest girl in the world to be dating him and not have the press know. If the Daily News found out!"

"The... the press don't know you're an item?"

"Of course not! Could you imagine how swarmed I'd be and how hated Jimmy? It's better this way."

"I'm sure, Bia. Look, dear--"

"No. I want it this way. If they find out, it'll be the end of us. I even let Jimmy have decoy groupies!"

"Er.... Bia, I think they're real groupies and he's just taking to them when you're not around. I think you're misinterp--"

"Jenni, stop. Jimmy loves me and I love him and we have always been this way. It's not 1950 any more, Jen. Two people can engage in certain activities outside of matrimony and still be faithful. If you don't trust Jimmy as a person, that's one thing, but I trust him."

"Is that a bass? Are the boys practicing in the basement again?"

"Yes. Ritchie spent the night because Jimmy wanted to get Space Truckin' down. What he should be doing is practicing his own material. That one song they always open with he said is starting to sound like crap. Oh, what was it? After their public--"

"Rock 'n Roll? From what I know about the band, they like opening with that. The song, Bia, not the genre. And didn't the Daily News report something about them playing a song called No Quarter for the first time this year on tour? Why yes, I do think they did. That song's one of my favorites from the new album, Houses of the Holy. Bia?"

"How and why do you know all this?"

"Well, I have a lot of down time as a photographer. Which reminds me-- I have a gig Thursday for Levi Jeans. They're becoming popular in the States, you know! Anyway, I know a lot about Led Zeppelin."

"You sound like a real fan."

"I am, of course. Who couldn't be?"

"How can you even contain yourself?"

"I may have a backbone, but I know how to carry myself like a lady. Besides, Rob wouldn't like me as much as he does if I flipped it and went berserk on these lads."

"Little Robbie likes you? How sweet!"

"Stop calling him 'Little Robbie'. He's only maybe three years younger than us after his birthday last month. I'd much rather be 26 than have old age setting in at 29."

"Jimmy's 29, too; he's not old."

"No, but you don't see him looking pleased that he'll be turning 30 in January. January, right? Oh! Speaking of Jimmy, guess what I'm up to tomorrow!"

"Hmm?"

"Jimmy invited Keith Moon over! Keith is the one man I've always wanted to meet! I can't wait."

".... I'm sorry, but who is Keith Moan?"

"Moon, Bianca. He's the drummer from The Who? The guy that always throws his drums? Took horse tranquilizers? Best friends with Jimmy-- with the entirety of Led Zeppelin? Nearly killed Pete Townshend by means of a flying cymbal? Oh, Bianca, you're so uncultured. How can you be English and not know any English bands?"

"I know the Rolling Stones! They're a randy bunch... I don't quite enjoy them, though. They're too rebellious."

"But that's what rock is!"

"I prefer something more captivating, my apologies. Have you ever heard the Doors? Their lead singer died last year. American."

"You know about some no-name band from American, but you don't even know who The Who are? I'm disappointed."

"I've met the Bealtes; does that count for anything?"

"No, because you work at their recording studio!"

"They did a charming little diddy few years back in '67 I believe. Abbey Road? It's what we named our studio and that's how I know."

"Mercy.... You're not helping your case, darling."

"What was it we were talking about? Oh! So, Robbie...?"

"Don't mention it, B. Planty and I are just good friends."

"Oh, really. I dare you to go on a date with Rob tomorrow. Wait, Keith is coming over... I dare you-- no, I Black Dog Dare you--"

"Pun intended?"

"What? Anyway, I Black Dog Dare you to go on a single date with Little Robbie Wednesday. A real one, and I'm entitled to free-rein planning. Oh! You'll just love it! A brisk through the park, dinner at a nice restaurant, possibly not coming home until hours of the night..."

"Black Dog Dares have no effect on--"

"Triple Black Dog Dare, you coward!"

"I'm no coward, B! You know I'd just as well go down to a bank and shoot-up the place without a dare, that's how courageous I am."

"You'd nick a bank but you refuse to spend a night with Robbie? Come on... Come on, I see that grin. There's someone else, huh?"

"What? No! Ha, no, it's just-- it's... Oh, Bianca, why Wednesday? I have a gig Thursday and--"

"Yes? or no?"

"..... Fine, Bianca, you win. I will go on a date with Ji-- er, Rob-- Wednesday."

No comments:

Post a Comment