Need some background info on the girls or the band? Click one of the tabs above to find out more! Or contact me about it!
♪♫ You've been coolin', and baby, I've been droolin', all the good times, baby, I've been misusin' ♪♫
A tale of Rock Gods, Groupies, and a love that becomes more sincere when kept secret ♪♫ Jealousy feeds the beast inside us all ♪♫

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Bring It On Home

What first caught me was Jimmy's high-pitched voice; it was far more high-pitched than Bianca had prepared me for. It was almost humorous, listening to him talk. I guessed that his voice was that way from drugs, but I wasn't quite sure, and Beaux's wasn't the time or place to ask Bianca if his voice had always been like that.

"I've never met you, Jenni," Jimmy observed as we waited for our food. Bianca sat closely to Jimmy at the circular table while I sat directly across from them. "Peculiar name, 'Jenni'."

"It's my nick-name," I replied. "A pet name. My real name is Jane."

Jimmy nodded and Bianca rested her head on his shoulder. "Well, nice to meet you. I must say, I wasn't expecting a third person, but I never mind meeting a new face. Especially when they're a fan."

"Jenni went to Ewell," Bianca explained to Jimmy, her tone like honey. "She started as soon as you left. She got kicked out of her last school."

"For what?" Jimmy asked, studying me from across the table. His eyes were dark and sunken, and his long curly locks shaded most of his facial features. His nose was slightly pointed upwards and his smile was intoxicating. He wore a black casual formal-jacket over a Ramones tee, and his black hair sat neatly on his shoulders. His purple bell bottoms really didn't match, but he had managed to pull the outfit off.

I felt over-dressed by comparison, sporting a sharp red dress and silver heels with my hair crimped and flowing down my shoulders. I almost didn't want to reply. Almost. "Are you a fan of dismay? Or even chaos?"

"I'm not a fan of dismay and chaos to be quite honest," Jimmy replied with much friction. He narrowed his eyes at me-- not menacingly, but more curiously.

"I was kicked out of school or disobeying uniform," I stated calmly. Bianca starred imploringly at me and cleared her throat obnoxiously. I sighed. "And I had convinced half of ninth year to set Headmaster Primeworth's hedge afire because of the dreadful uniforms. They're groty... grotesque. Grey isn't my color."

"I quite enjoyed the grey uniforms," Jimmy interjected. "But I refused to have my hair so many centimeters above my collar. Was Primeworth pissed? I wish I had stayed-- that would be worth seeing."

Bianca threw him a concerned look. She seemed to be worried at how dark Jimmy had grown as compared to his school boy year. "Anyway," she cut in, hurriedly changing the topic, "how is it that you weren't mobbed by fans? I know this restaurants on a private lot, but..."

"You tend to lose fans at high speeds," Jimmy replied, putting his arm around Bianca's shoulder. She smiled. "That Coupe Deville goes just over the set fan speed limit." He glanced at me. "Zero to seventy in eight seconds." I gave an approving "hmmpf".

Bianca shifted her body to face Jimmy. "You've missed a whole lot!" she exclaimed. "Do you remember Pamela Sader from school? She just had a little boy, John; cute little thing."

At the name "John", Jimmy seemed to become pensive. "Ace," he responded absent-mindedly. There was something obviously clouding his thoughts. "Look, Bianca, there's something we need to discuss." He glanced toward me. "In private."

"Anything you tell me can be said to Jenni," Bianca told him excitedly, ready to hear what news Jimmy had for her. Perhaps he would ask her to be his girlfriend? Or maybe even join the band? Be a manager?

While Jimmy weighed his options, Rod and Elton passed by our table on their way out the door. They stopped to chat for a second and Jimmy seemed uncomfortable once again.

"It was nice meeting you ladies," Elton said politely. He clapped Rod on the back. "There was something you wanted to say, Phyllis?"

He stood awkwardly next to Elton and quickly became rigid. His eyes found mine and he spoke softly in a nearly cockney accent, "I couldn't help but notice that you're eating alone and I was wondering... Would you like to go on a date with me sometime? I could give you my house number and we could set a date."

I was a tad taken aback, like most girls who are asked out, especially since it was Rod fucking Stewart who had taken a liking to me. He studied him for a second, my mouth gaping and my mind blank. I threw a look at Jimmy and Bianca, who both looked surprised as well. Looking back at Rod, I mouthed, "Sure" before clearing my throat and actually saying the word.

"Fantastic!" he laughed, smiling at Elton and I. He padded his pockets for a slip of paper and eventually found an old laundry list. He pulled out the pencil he was using earlier for lyrics and wrote down a number. He put the pencil back into his coat pocket and handed me the slip of paper. "Call any time, Jenni-- it was Jenni, right?"

"Yes," Jimmy, Bianca, and I all said simultaneously. I whipped my head around to face them and we all began to chuckle.

Elton and Rod joined in on the chuckling before waving goodbye and exiting the restaurant. Once gone, I examined the slip of paper with a list on the back of it. I was beyond excited and happy. I watched over the paper inconspicuously as Jimmy became uncomfortable again, removing his arm from Bianca's shoulder and playing with the saucer under his tea cup.

"So what was it you wanted to say?" Bianca pressed again. Jimmy's eyes widened as he remembered what he had to say, obviously taken off guard. He took in a deep breath and I set the paper beside me.

"Very well," Jimmy agreed. He eyed me suspiciously before turning to face Bianca. "Well, Bianca... I've bought a manor on Henderson Collige right out of Epsom in the woods. Brilliant place, really-- ten bedrooms and eight baths. There's a horse-shoe drive way, a fountain, and enough forest for a garden of some sort. Beautiful place, just simply beautiful."

"Why are you telling me this?" Bianca asked. She smiled devilishly. "Are you going to ask me to live with you?"

Jimmy hesitated. "Yes. Would you? I can't imagine living at a place of such size without my best mate."

Bianca blushed and Jimmy looked like he was about to kiss her, but resisted. Before Bianca could say yes, she looked at me worriedly. "Pagey, I can't live anywhere without my best mate. Could Jenni live with us? Is that asking too much?"

Jimmy looked positively aggravated. He leaned in and whispered something incoherent into Bianca's ear. She murmured back, "But there's ten rooms! You need someone to take care of the house while you're gone..." He whispered something again and she replied, "It's not going to happen. No matter how much I love you. Don't give me that look."

Jimmy buried his face in his hands and shook his head. When he raised his head, his eyes were burning with frustration as he groaned, "Jenni, would you care to live with me and Bianca?"

I knew I should say no, that I would put more stress on Jimmy, but I had some reasons to say yes. One, I couldn't support myself without a second income. Two, I've never lived in a mansion. And three, I was on a role! I was having dinner with someone from one of my favorite bands, I had just gotten Rod Stewart's phone number and Elton's autograph, and the prospect of living with Jimmy Page was unbearable.

"I would love to," I replied against my better judgement. Jimmy sighed and looked down at the table. He didn't seem at all excited, but me, I was buzzing with joy.

2 comments:

  1. Really, I wasn't expecting the Rod thing AT.ALL. I figured that Jimmy was going to tell B. to back off so he can make a move on J. Since things have gone the other direction I can't wait to read the next chapters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know Rod was going to ask her out, either! :D But it works! Thanks!

      Delete